Cruciverbalist Convention (Oct 2014)

Cruciverbalist Convention (Oct 2014)

in conjunction with the Times Crossword Championship

What? A Cruciverbalist Convention for crossword setters and blog contributors and readers will take place in London, coinciding with the annual Times Crossword Championship.
When? 12 noon onwards on Saturday 18th October 2014
Where? London – meeting at the The Town of Ramsgate, Wapping

The Town of Ramsgate, 62 Wapping High Street, London, E1W 2PN

And later? Anyone still standing will be heading towards a nearby restaurant
Who? Anyone who is interested
Why? It is hoped that a number of the Times setters and several of the Telegraph, Guardian, Independent and FT setters will put in an appearance.  There should also be a cross-section of bloggers and readers from this site, Times for the Times and Fifteensquared.  This is your chance to meet us!
How? Just turn up on the day.
If you’ve never been before, these are very friendly functions and you have the opportunity to meet other like-minded people.

Plan your journey to the Town of Ramsgate

Journey Planner

1. andy
    Posted September 30, 2014 at 10:45 pm | Permalink

Oh go on then, if I can get dog sitters i’ll be there. Always great fun.

2. Tstrummer
    Posted October 1, 2014 at 12:31 am | Permalink

I’ll do my best, but I don’t get back from Spain until after 1am that morning. If I fail to make it, let me recommend Il Bordello Italian restaurant within staggering distance: portions are huge, delicious and reasonably priced. Just don’t have a starter or you’ll never get through the main, and forget all ideas of pudding. Hope to see you there …

• Miffypops
      Posted October 1, 2014 at 9:24 am | Permalink

I have visited Il Bordello twice thanks to your recommendation Tstrummer. It certainly floated my boat both times.

3. Miffypops
    Posted October 1, 2014 at 9:25 am | Permalink

Miffypops will be celebrating his nieces wedding in Derbyshire.

4. gnomethang
    Posted October 1, 2014 at 9:14 pm | Permalink

I’m expecting to be there. Hmmm – Italian…..

5. gazza
    Posted October 2, 2014 at 9:15 pm | Permalink

I’m intending to be there – rail tickets already purchased.

Posted October 3, 2014 at 10:05 pm | Permalink

http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_sad.gif I’d like to be there but I can’t so, again http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_sad.gif
    Husband is going to be working in the hospital all day and I can’t leave old Mum and old collie unless there’s someone here.
    I hope that you all have a wonderful day and good luck to anyone who’s taking part in competitions.

Posted October 3, 2014 at 10:07 pm | Permalink

PS – I will make sure that everyone behaves nicely here in exchange for lots of photos on the day! http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_yes.gif

• andy
        Posted October 6, 2014 at 9:58 pm | Permalink

I wouldn’t hold your breath re piccies, none posted since the Bristol do in Feb for us mere mortals ;) eh BD

7. Kitty
    Posted October 8, 2014 at 7:26 pm | Permalink

I’m torn: I’d like to go, but then you’d discover my two heads and terrible personality!

Oh well, unless something comes up, you can expect to find a Kitty there :).

• gnomethang
      Posted October 8, 2014 at 8:22 pm | Permalink

Two heads are better than one – see you there!

• Kitty
        Posted October 8, 2014 at 8:28 pm | Permalink

Haha! http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_yes.gif

8. Framboise
    Posted October 8, 2014 at 10:51 pm | Permalink

Would have liked to attend but will be back in Hyères by then. Maybe next year… Wondering what one does once there – chat, drink, enter a competiton?

• Posted October 8, 2014 at 11:57 pm | Permalink

All three, usually!

Posted October 15, 2014 at 7:29 pm | Permalink

Far more of the first two, especially the second!

9. Vigo
    Posted October 17, 2014 at 6:24 pm | Permalink

Was really hoping to join you but I have laryngitis and am currently utterly unable to speak so will probably have to miss out this time – unless the situation improves by tomorrow afternoon of course…

10. Poppy
    Posted October 18, 2014 at 8:05 am | Permalink

Sorry can’t make it. Hope you all have a super day!

11. Hamish/Soup
    Posted October 18, 2014 at 9:42 am | Permalink

Hey there,
    Spending some of the afternoon in Surrey, so I’m going to try to come over, depending on what time I finish there. Hopefully things will still be going (not *too* much the worse for wear?) at about half five?
    H/S

12. Prolixic
    Posted October 18, 2014 at 9:56 am | Permalink

Kairos is planning to be there so I suppose I will need to come along and keep him company http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_smile.gif