Hints and tips by 2Kiwis

BD Rating – Difficulty ** – Enjoyment ***

A rather gentle one from Jay this week we thought. A good range of clue types but we would not expect too many horses to be frightened.

Please leave a comment telling us what you think of today’s puzzle.

1a     Basic fault — and men must change (11)
FUNDAMENTAL : Anagram (must change) of FAULT AND MEN.

9a     Swimmer and slacker going across India (4-5)
SKIN-DIVER : The three letter abbreviation for India is included in a name for a slacker.
images

10a     Public impression of one million years (5)
IMAGE : Roman numeral one then (M)illion and long period of time.

11a     Native store recreated around centre of Egypt (6)
OYSTER : Anagram (recreated) of STORE with the middle letter of Egypt included. We’ve been fooled by this definition before, but not this time.
imgres

12a     Band with quality sound that’s hard to ignore? (8)
RINGTONE : Synonyms for band and quality are put together to make this often annoying sound.

13a     Apology from former copper, with site vacated (6)
EXCUSE : The usual abbreviation for former, copper as a metal, and the outside letters (vacated) of site.

15a     Panel chasing trophy cabinet (8)
CUPBOARD : A trophy that you might win at the Bridge Club comes before a word for a panel.

18a     Scandinavian needing hotel for new rider (8)
HORSEMAN : Think of a Scandinavian person and substitute (H)otel for (N)ew.

19a     European nation’s land (6)
ESTATE : E(uropean) then a word for a country.

21a     Sensational time in exposing oneself on the beach? (8)
STUNNING : Behaviour that can increase your chances of skin cancer with T(ime) inserted.

23a     Hesitated, being employed by dad (6)
PAUSED : A familiar name for dad precedes a word for employed.

26a     A tie put back presentation (5)
AWARD : A from the clue then a word for tie or pull reversed.
imgres

27a     Depressing feature of local area network for a freeholder? (9)
LANDOWNER : The computer abbreviation for local area network, then what a depressed person is deemed to be having.

28a     Explain allowance is included in beer (11)
RATIONALISE : An allowance or portion, then is from the clue is included in a beer synonym.

1d     Sprinter‘s deceit (4,3)
FAST ONE : Double definition. The deceit usually has ‘pull a’ in front of it.

2d     Fixes slow mover, shifting leader to the back (5)
NAILS : A slow mover has its first letter moved to the end,

3d     Letter-opener? (9)
ADDRESSEE : A cryptic definition for the recipient of mail.

4d     Begrudge love rejected by emissary (4)
ENVY : A word for an emissary with love (O) removed.

5d     Final destination for popular American after call (8)
TERMINUS : Start with a word for call or name, then the usual crossword jargon for popular and America.

6d     Prostrate during assembly in Germany (5)
LYING : Included inside the clue. We nearly made a balls-up with this one by misreading the first word.

7d     Feeble-sounding objective for a couple of days (7)
WEEKEND : Homophone for feeble then word for objective.

8d     Mention working with paras, unprotected for so long (8)
SAYONARA : The answer is from Japan. It’s made up of a word for mention, a two letter word for working and paras with the first and last letters deleted (unprotected).

14d     Flier‘s description of orbit (8)
CIRCULAR : Double definition.

16d     Order about a month ahead of a dance (5,4)
BOSSA NOVA : Start with a word meaning order about, then A from the clue, abbreviation for this month then another A from the clue.
images

17d     Running it is scary but if you’re brave you’ll take it up (8)
GAUNTLET : Double definition.

18d     Worker catches bus in order to save (7)
HUSBAND : Factory worker contains an anagram (in order) of BUS.

20d     Finish with terribly sore back (7)
ENDORSE : A word meaning to finish then an anagram (terribly) of SORE.

22d     Caution a director concealing low point (5)
NADIR : Another answer concealed within the clue.

24d     Wrong area on island mountain (5)
SINAI : A wrong or transgression then A(rea) and I(sland).
imgres

25d     Cancel function supporting international forces (4)
UNDO : A word for a function or party follows abbreviation for a New York based organisation.

We enjoyed meeting 11a again and thought 16d was clever. How about you?

The Quick Crossword pun: bald+tick+ruse=Baltic cruise

1. dutch
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 11:08 am | Permalink

Much enjoyed this reasonably gentle puzzle. Favourites are 12a (band), 14d (flier) and 18a (worker catching bus), all because they have a nice surface story.

Many thanks Jay and 2Kiwis

2. Beaver
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 11:20 am | Permalink

Agree it was a gentle Jay today and pleasant enough, so i’ll settle for a **/**.Second puzzle in a week with ‘ind’ for india, must be in vogue, getting used to the native shellfish definition, at least I remember some things. Never knowingly danced a 16d,thanks for the ‘pic’

Posted November 19, 2014 at 11:27 am | Permalink

Loved it and I agree that it was straightforward. 1* difficulty (very rare for me) and 4* for enjoyment.
    I think that Jay’s puzzles vary more in levels of difficulty than most of the other setters.
    That’s the second time in the last few days that I’ve been caught out by the abbreviation for India being three letters rather than just an “I”.
    I’ve also been caught out by the 11a native before – and have to admit that I was again for a short time.
    I hardly dare say this but 22d was my last answer – oh dear! http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/icon_rolleyes.gif
    A distinct shortage of anagrams today – only four unless I can’t count.
    I liked 9 and 21a (I love ‘exposing’ myself on a beach!) and 16 and 17d. My favourite was 1d.
    With thanks to Jay for the crossword and thanks and a big http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_yahoo.gif to the Kiwis. I’m still full of admiration for anyone who can do pictures!

• Collywobbles
      Posted November 19, 2014 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

Kath, where’s Mary?

Posted November 19, 2014 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

Hi Collwobs – I don’t know where Mary’s disappeared to again. She “popped in” briefly to show that she wasn’t a figment of our imagination and said that she’d been having long and complicated internet trouble. She’ll be back . . . http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_yes.gif

• Collywobbles
          Posted November 19, 2014 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

Thanks Kath, I do hope so. Her cheery presence is missed.

• Vince
      Posted November 19, 2014 at 1:26 pm | Permalink

Kath, I’m still caught out by “native”. Could you please explain?

Posted November 19, 2014 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

The 11a’s that come from Whitstable are known as ‘natives’.

• Steve_the_Beard
          Posted November 19, 2014 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

Thank you, I needed that!

The BRB has, under native, “of an [answer] raised in a (British) artificial bed”. The ODE says “an [answer] reared in British waters”.

• Vince
          Posted November 19, 2014 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

Thanks. I can’t find this in any dictionary or thesaurus.

• 2Kiwis
      Posted November 19, 2014 at 5:18 pm | Permalink

Kath when we were writing the hint for 22d we almost wrote “Here’s one for Kath” and then changed our minds. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_smile.gif

Posted November 19, 2014 at 5:58 pm | Permalink

You should have stuck with your first idea – I just don’t get any better with these. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/icon_rolleyes.gif again, and http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/icon_redface.gif.

4. Chris
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 11:35 am | Permalink

Pleasant, not too hard, and I gave it 2*/3* as well.
    I only had a vague recollection of the native concerned, but he does appear (in the 17th definition down!) of ‘native’ in the BRB. Many thanks to the setter and the 2 Kiwis.

5. skempie
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 11:47 am | Permalink

Back again. New kitchen built and installed – would have helped if they’d done the electrics as well, so still waiting to actually cook something *mutter mutter grrrr etc).
    Very gentle outing today, in fact I might even say the gentlest mid-week puzzle I’ve seen. All sorts of possibilities ran through my mind when reading 21A, luckily I plumped for the right one !

6. Collywobbles
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 11:59 am | Permalink

Just finished and thoroughly enjoyed this Jay puzzle for which many thanks. I thought that it was more than 2* and I had to work at it but it did come out as 2* in the end for which many thanks 2K
    Has anyone heard from Mary recently. She seems to have gone for some time. I do hope that she is OK

Posted November 19, 2014 at 12:30 pm | Permalink

Mary did post recently that she is having major problems with her internet connection so some days can’t even download the crossword never mind comment on it. She also has a lovely new dog which I think is taking up lots of her time.

• Collywobbles
        Posted November 19, 2014 at 12:46 pm | Permalink

Tks CS. I am glad that Mary is OK. We also have a new dog which is a Welsh Terrier (miniature Airedale) but he won’t stop me doing the Xword

Posted November 19, 2014 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

I must remember to read all the comments before replying . . .

Posted November 19, 2014 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

I was looking forward to updates on new beagle pup, I hope she pops in soon and gives us news.

Posted November 19, 2014 at 9:48 pm | Permalink

I’m sure she will – I do hope that all is going well for her, her other half and their new rescue (I think) pup.

7. Miffypops
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Have a look at the letters page today. The one headed “Say A Little Prayer” is quite amusing and slightly relevant

• Steve_the_Beard
      Posted November 19, 2014 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

Ta for the pointer :-)

• Bluebird
      Posted November 19, 2014 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

Nice mixture in both letters and features today.

I particularly enjoyed the article on foreign exchanges, which led to nostalgia about my own trip to Germany just before my A levels …..one or two tales there!

8. Collywobbles
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

I only get the online version of the crossword. The full DT out here is an arm and a leg job

9. Miffypops
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 12:17 pm | Permalink

Letters page today. For those who cannot see it.

SIR – During bedtime prayers recently my two year old daughter and I were saying the Lord’s Prayer together and I was supplying the first part of each line.
    It was going well until we got to “Give us this…”
    “….Day” she answered
    “…. our daily….”
    “Telegraph” – at which point I was unable to suppress a laugh.
    It seems she has spent too much time doing the crossword with grandma.

Madeleine Murphy
    Rugby, Warks

• Hanni
      Posted November 19, 2014 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

Brilliant. Just brilliant :-)

Posted November 19, 2014 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

Oh, thanks for that. I loved it!

• Ginny
      Posted November 19, 2014 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

That’s lovely. Its a small world but I think this might be someone who attends our church.

10. Miffypops
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

Missed the so long at 8d so thanks to the 2ks for explaining that one. Thanks to Jay as well. Always a pleasure.

11. Hanni
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 12:33 pm | Permalink

**/****
    Jay seems to be in a benevolent mood. Quite gentle and very enjoyable.
    Favourites are 9 and 11a. In fact doing one to get the other sounds fun.
    Thanks to Jay and to the 2Kiwis for your usual brilliant blog. :-)
    I’ve just watched youngish child like thing and classmates, dressed in bin bags and leopard print, acting out neolithic scenes on Skara Brae…school project. It was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. :-)

12. Mike S
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 12:38 pm | Permalink

I’m new to this site but really like it as it is helping me understand some of the previously incomprehensible cryptic tricks and I’m slowly getting the hang of it. One mystery to me however is how you all know who the setter is each day. Am I being incredibly thick?

Posted November 19, 2014 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

As it says above the comment box, if you are asking a question, check the FAQ first (there’s a tab at the top of the site)

• Miffypops
      Posted November 19, 2014 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

Welcome to the site Mike S. The FAQs will answer your frequently asked question. It is always Jay on a Wednesday and usually the setter sets both The Cryptic and The Quickie. After a lifetime of solving I can only just recognise a few styles.

Posted November 19, 2014 at 2:29 pm | Permalink

Welcome from me too – this is a brilliant blog.

13. F1lbertfox
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

I think I’ve broken my own personal speed record in solving today’s puzzle. Some lovely clues and a lot of fun. I particularly liked 8 & 17 down and 9 & 18 across. Thanks to Jay – a most enjoyable solve.

14. Tony
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

Another thoroughly enjoyable puzzle for me. 16d was my last in – but it was such a clever construct! Could some kind person remind me of the connection between native and oyster? (I looked on what I believe is the on-line version of BRB without a penny-drop). Thanks to all.

• Steve_the_Beard
      Posted November 19, 2014 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

I needed Cryptic Sue’s comment to understand that one, which led me to my dictionaries.

• Tony
        Posted November 19, 2014 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

Got it – many thanks.

15. Poppy
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 1:02 pm | Permalink

Spent a while trying to decide whether the answer to 18a began with an N or an H, as both seemed legitimate solutions, but then 18d settled it. Thank you very much, setter, for some puzzling misdirections, and to the 2Kiwis for hints, pics, and general cheeriness – and after that super photo you posted recently, it’s nice to be able to picture you both. Do hope Mary’s having fun with her new rescue dog – wonder if it will enjoy her tootling practice? But I miss her commenting, as no doubt do quite a few others. Hopefully she can sense the happy thoughts being sent her way in spite of Internet problems. Saw The Imitation Game & was very impressed, but glad society is kinder these days (mostly). 8d to all (a new word for me)!http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_bye.gif

16. SheilaP
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

Everyone seems to have enjoyed today’s puzzle, and we are no exception. Some answers went in quite quickly, and some took a little more thought until the penny dropped. Thank you to the 2Kiwis and to the setter.

17. Bluebird
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

Thx to you 2 Kiwis for the little pics.
    I enjoyed the 16d Mad Men-esque one……

Posted November 19, 2014 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

Short and sweet, mostly.18a and 18d were my last ones.I liked 18d and 21a.Thanks to Jay and the 2 kiwis.

Posted November 19, 2014 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

Thanks to Jay and to the 2 Kiwis for the review and hints. A very enjoyable puzzle, but very gentle. Some great clues, was caught out before by 11a&8d, but not this time. Favourites were 1&16d. Was 1*/4* for me. Light starting to fade now. Roll on the Winter Solstice http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_cool.gif

20. Jay legs
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

I was another who could not tell his horse from his Norse, otherwise nice and straightforward. Sayonara ;)

21. Vancouverbc
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

***/*** for me. An enjoyable puzzle but my bung in for 11a needed the explanation from the 2Ks, for which much thanks.

Posted November 19, 2014 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

What a difference to yesterday! Like Poppy, I had to get 18d to decide between the Scandinavian and the rider, but that was my only hold up.
    Thank you 2Kiwis for explaining the why of 11a, I hope I remember that for the future.
    It’s extremely difficult to choose a favourite, so many good ones, but I think 8d wins by a nose, I love Japan.
    Thanks to Jay, you’ve restored my faith in myself, and to 2Kiwis for the review.

• Poppy
      Posted November 19, 2014 at 5:52 pm | Permalink

That’s a comfort! Glad it wasn’t just me. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_bye.gif

Posted November 19, 2014 at 4:46 pm | Permalink

Very enjoyable crossword today and a great blog that proves that Telegraph readers are real dog lovers. Apart from the pictures of puppies shaking their ears, there was a story about Churchill’s dogs being called Rufus and Rufus II. Maybe our beloved setter should change his alias to Rufus III. Thanks to 2kiwis for the help in getting 8d and to Jay for the grid

Posted November 19, 2014 at 4:54 pm | Permalink

Good morning everyone. The sky is just starting to lighten as we write this but the sun has not quite popped up over the hills to the East of us. We agree that it was a puzzle that restores our faith in our solving ability. Glad that everyone enjoyed it as we did. Cheers all.http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_smile.gif

25. JonP
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 4:57 pm | Permalink

Excellent puzzle which I found to be pretty straightforward as a whole. Held up a wee bit so will have to go **/**** with thanks to the 2Kiwis and Jay.

26. Jane
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 5:02 pm | Permalink

Top half went in fairly easily, despite younger daughter’s chatter – but had to leave the remainder until she’d departed for a couple of hours as I needed a little more concentration for some of them. Didn’t immediately associate the answer at 18d with ‘save’ although it’s doubtless one of the first definitions in the BRB! Needed a d’oh moment to arrive before getting 16d and did trifle with different European countries before seeing the obvious at 19a. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_wacko.gif

Particularly enjoyed 16d but top marks go to 7d – how I used to look forward to those in my school/working days! http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_yes.gif

Many thanks to Jay for the fun and to the 2k’s, whose reviews are SO professional.

• 2Kiwis
      Posted November 19, 2014 at 5:28 pm | Permalink

Thanks Jane. You’re a friend for life after that comment.http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_smile.gif

27. Annidrum
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 5:20 pm | Permalink

Lovely gentle puzzle from Jay. 11a puzzled me for a bit but once I saw it I remembered coming across it before & same goes for 8d.thanks to Jay & The 2 kiwis for the review.

28. Dave B
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 5:47 pm | Permalink

Good crossword. 17 & 18 down were my favs.

Posted November 19, 2014 at 6:34 pm | Permalink

Thank you Jay – enjoyed the puzzle and found it straightforward which is useful when travelling around and stuck for time. Thank you 2Kiwis for your review and hints. Thanks CS for the reference to Whitstable – I will try and remember that.

Posted November 19, 2014 at 6:47 pm | Permalink

A very late start for me today but, for the second day running, it was all over in a flash. Nevertheless I thought it was very enjoyable.

Many thanks to Jay and to the 2Kiwis.

31. Angel
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 7:01 pm | Permalink

I enjoyed the 2 Kiwis usual succinct hints more than the puzzle itself which IMHO lacked lighter moments. 12a and mobile ‘phones certainly are the bane of life today but nevertheless that solution was the last to go in in spite of realising ring would come into it. **/**. Thanks particularly to the 2 Kiwis (http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_rose.gif) and Jay whose task I certainly don’t envy.

• 2Kiwis
      Posted November 19, 2014 at 7:08 pm | Permalink

Thanks Angel. You can join Jane and become a friend for life too. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_smile.gif

• Angel
        Posted November 19, 2014 at 8:12 pm | Permalink

Enchantée Monsieur/Madame http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_smile.gif

32. Ally
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 7:47 pm | Permalink

Not too easy today as I was nipping in and out while pressure washing the terrace. 18a was favourite as it wasn’t golf but horses. Thank you Jay and 2Kiwis.

Posted November 19, 2014 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

Pressure washing is not a fun thing to do – you’ve just reminded me that I (we?) need to do ours before someone ( the postman?) breaks his neck. Oh dear . . .

• Jane
        Posted November 19, 2014 at 11:16 pm | Permalink

Pressure washing! OMG – took three days to do mine last year and then a considerable number of further days to wash down windows, fencing etc. etc. Spent as much time untangling wires and hoses and moving the infernal machine around as I did actually ‘hosing’. Not sure I’ll have recovered sufficiently to do it again next year – maybe I’ll just put in a post box at the top of the driveway. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_yes.gif

• Hanni
          Posted November 19, 2014 at 11:37 pm | Permalink

Jane/Kath that is one thing I do actually like. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/icon_redface.gif

• Hanni
      Posted November 19, 2014 at 11:34 pm | Permalink

Ally I agree about horses :-) Far superior to golf on every level. And yes my other half ‘golfs’.
      I think I may risk a little wrath here though. I actually like pressure hosing! I’m outside, therefore not at my desk. There’s decent equipment to play with and I’m not at my desk.
      Now…if I could get just a little go on a piste basher! ;-)

33. Hilary
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 8:06 pm | Permalink

Something has gone seriously wrong as just for once in my life starting with 17d I managed to complete the whole crossword without any assistance not even the trusty electronic supertoy. I even remembered 8d from a previous outing. Off to lie down to get over the shock. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_yahoo.gif

• 2Kiwis
      Posted November 19, 2014 at 8:17 pm | Permalink

Well done Hilary. Congratulations. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_yahoo.gif

• Hilary
        Posted November 19, 2014 at 8:21 pm | Permalink

In my euphoric state I quite forgot to say thank you to 2Kiwis for their super write-up. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_bye.gif

• andy
        Posted November 19, 2014 at 10:28 pm | Permalink

Well done from me as well

• Hanni
      Posted November 19, 2014 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

Well done Hilary. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_rose.gif

• Miffypops
      Posted November 19, 2014 at 9:29 pm | Permalink

Brilliant news Hilary. You are a wizard and a true star.

Posted November 19, 2014 at 9:55 pm | Permalink

Well done from me too – go and have a nice long lie down. See you tomorrow . . .

Posted November 19, 2014 at 8:11 pm | Permalink

Quite nice today but got caught by 11a again. My copy of Chambers says nothing about oysters but I do vaguely remember having this clue before and not getting it then. However, the wordplay gave the answer easily enough. Not quite sure how you are meant to recognise that 8d is Japanese, have I missed some reference to Japan in the clue?
    Apart from these very enjoyable.
    Thx to all.

Posted November 19, 2014 at 9:03 pm | Permalink

Sayonara is the Japanese word for goodbye.

Posted November 19, 2014 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

I’ve met 8d before but had forgotten that it was Japanese – it’s in the BRB.
      Brian, if anyone needs a BRB you do. Why don’t you drop a few heavy hints to Mrs B about Christmas presents? Unless, of course, you have a birthday in the next five weeks in which case it could be a birthday present leaving other options open for Christmas . . .

Posted November 19, 2014 at 9:19 pm | Permalink

A jolly romp of a puzzle; 2*/4* by my reckoning, and 16d was definitely my favourite clue. Many thanks to Jay for the pleasure of solving it, and to the 2 Kiwis for an entertaining review.

36. andy
    Posted November 19, 2014 at 10:38 pm | Permalink

Finally home, will explain tomorrow, let’s just say on a train from Cambridge via waterbeach we collided with horses. Train and occupants ok. Not sure of equine fatalities. Anyways, thanks to 2kiwis and Jay for a puzzle I thankfully completed before darkness descended upon the carriage

• Jane
      Posted November 19, 2014 at 11:25 pm | Permalink

Good grief – not sure I can cope with discovering the fate of the horses. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_cry.gif
      Hopefully the rail company will install some fencing to prevent any future incidents, if only out of concern for their passengers – sadly, the fate of the world’s other inhabitants seems to come fairly low down the list. I guess because they are unlikely to try to sue anyone.

Posted November 19, 2014 at 11:56 pm | Permalink

Oh dear, oh dear! That is so sad, I hope there were no fatalities. I can’t bear anything horrible happening to animals.

37. Tstrummer
    Posted November 20, 2014 at 1:14 am | Permalink

More or less a read and write from Jay today, so thanks to him as I have a crack of dawn start tomorrow for radio duties. Finished in 2* time and I’ll give it 3* for fun. Thanks to K-squared for the unneeded hints but I’m pleased to see that you have taken to the blogger’s art with verve and aplomb. Well done for joining the pros.

• Miffypops
      Posted November 20, 2014 at 1:34 am | Permalink

K-squared. Verve and aplomb. Love it!