Hints and tips by 2Kiwis

BD Rating – Difficulty ** – Enjoyment ****

This is the first blog we have done since having Windows 10 installed on our computer so hope that it all behaves itself. The installation process supplied all sorts of dramas over the weekend. Eventually the matter was sorted out for us by a retired IT wizard who lives quite close to us and we found via a friend. Now we have gratefully added Bas to our list of respected IT wizards. The other two on the list are of course Big Dave and Gazza. Where would we mere mortals be without them!
A very pleasant offering from Jay once again, with just a couple of lurking fish-hooks.

Please leave a comment telling us your thoughts on today’s puzzle.

1a     Increase favouring prisoner with a case of these (11)
PROLIFERATE : A three letter prefix for favouring, a prisoner serving a long sentence, A from the clue and then the first and last letters of ‘these’.

9a     In the chair, begging with leader to be dismissed (7)
LEADING : The person in control of a meeting perhaps, comes from a word meaning begging after its first letter is dismissed.

10a     Fall over the pond? (6)
AUTUMN : The pond here is the Atlantic and the answer is a season.
images

12a     Person getting on from Dorset, moving across West of Liskeard (7)
OLDSTER : An anagram (moving) of DORSET with the first letter (most Westerly) of Liskeard included.  (When we first read this we did a slight groan, thinking it was going to be obscure geography)

13a     Low returns on rent for drinking establishment (7)
TEAROOM : A synonym for rent or rip and then the reversal of the noise a cow makes.
images

14a     One entering King George is one doomed (5)
GONER : The two letter cypher for King George surrounds ‘one’ from the clue.

15a     Bearer of fruit to relieve poor (5,4)
OLIVE TREE : An anagram (poor) of TO RELIEVE.
imgres

17a     Half seen prior to bar meeting (9)
ENCOUNTER : The last two letters of se(EN) precede a word for a bar or serving surface.

20a     English surrounded in worst attack on all sides (5)
BESET : Take a synonym for worst which could also be an antonym and insert E(nglish).

22a     Problem for one with BO (7)
STINKER : Double definition. The first is a difficult conundrum.

24a     Pressure working on site with nitrogen (7)
TENSION : An anagram (working) of ON SITE plus the chemical symbol for nitrogen.

25a     Beer fans will be back on time, landing here (6)
TARMAC : A five letter acronym for a specific group of beer fans and the abbreviation for time are all reversed. (We had to look up this acronym).

26a     Gift incorporating a ship’s instrument (7)
BASSOON : A four letter word for a gift includes A from the clue and the abbreviation for a steamship.
imgres

27a     Presence of poet set girl off (11)
POLTERGEIST : This supernatural presence is an anagram (off) of POET SET GIRL.

2d     Celebrate wildly, seeing Independent in list of names (7)
ROISTER : A list of names or a schedule has I(ndependent) inserted.

3d     Convict to rule over boozer (5,4)
LAGER LOUT : This laddish boozer has one of the informal words for a convict preceding an anagram (over) of TO RULE.

4d     Last of Marmite used in quick spread (5)
FEAST : A synonym for quick or rapid encloses the last letter of Marmite.

5d     Artists copy daily routine (3,4)
RAT RACE : The association to which artists may belong, then a word meaning copy or reproduce.
images

6d     What might be played dancing to rumba? (7)
TAMBOUR : This instrument is an anagram (dancing) of TO RUMBA.
imgres

7d     Lubrication needed after joint effort? (5-6)
ELBOW-GREASE : The joint is the main one in the arm and the lubrication is the one used in the 70’s musical.

8d     Forgive what? (6)
PARDON : Double definition. For the second meaning ‘what’? is often followed by ‘did you say’?

11d     Rude material suppressed by films regularly (11)
IMPERTINENT : A word for material or ‘germane to’, follows alternate letters from ‘films’.

16d     Short-tempered Blairite worried about right (9)
IRRITABLE : An anagram (worried) of BLAIRITE with an extra R(ight) included.

18d     Smart answer — leave city! (7)
CHICAGO : A synonym for smart, the one letter abbreviation for answer and a word meaning depart.
imgres

19d     Scruffy and chaotic mate (punk) abandoning area (7)
UNKEMPT : An anagram (chaotic) of MATE PUNK after the A(rea) has been dropped.

20d     Advantages of working in public transport? (7)
BONUSES : A two letter word meaning working is inside some public transport vehicles.

21d     Diamonds, say, and gold might win him his girl! (6)
SUITOR : A description of what diamonds (or hearts even) are an example of, then the heraldic description of gold, gives us this person.

23d     Expert in an expensive car? Possibly (5)
RACER : An all in one. The three letter expert is inside the abbreviation for a brand of expensive car.

27a was our favourite this week. Even though it is an anagram we still needed all of the checkers before we twigged the answer.

Quickie pun   purse  +  heaved  =  perceived

Posted August 12, 2015 at 11:09 am | Permalink

I agree with 2*/4* for a very enjoyable puzzle, although I was a bit surprised that a word with the same root as the answer appeared in the clue for 9a. 8d was my favourite with 27a a close second.

Am I alone in finding the surface reading of 14a bizarrely suggestive?http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_wacko.gif

Many thanks to Jay and to the 2Ks.

• Miffypops
      Posted August 12, 2015 at 11:12 am | Permalink

I think you probably are the only one. In the whole world. In the pangalactic universe.

• Beaver
      Posted August 12, 2015 at 11:29 am | Permalink

Maybe just you and Greta!

• Hanni
      Posted August 12, 2015 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

Each to their own RD. I found 7d a little more suggestive. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_yes.gif

2. Miffypops
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 11:13 am | Permalink

Cheerful stuff from Jay but not much to stretch the old greymatter. Ta to all.

3. JonP
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 11:15 am | Permalink

Enjoyable as usual from Jay. I found this one a pleasure to solve and straightforward. Thanks to the 2Kiwis and Jay */****

4. George
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 11:25 am | Permalink

Yes, a nice quick solve today, but enjoyable, of course.

1*/4* for me.

Thanks to all. for puzzle and blog.

5. Jaycat
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 11:28 am | Permalink

One or two sticky points but mostly ok and enjoyable. Liked 1a, 25a. Yes, unusual that the answer to 9a is very close to a word in the clue.

2.5*/3.5*

Thanks to 2K’s and Setter.

6. Angel
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 11:30 am | Permalink

This wasn’t too demanding but fun to do. Fav was 10a particularly so as I was in New England at that time last year to witness those wonderful colours. No doubt MP will have had no problem with 25a – cheers! Thank you Jay and well done 2Ks for mastering your new Windows 10. **/****. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_good.gif

• Miffypops
      Posted August 12, 2015 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Strange lt it was my last one in and took a few seconds to see why. We had Shots yesterday and Draught Ales on Monday. I hope the Thursday and Friday setters keep up the alcoholic supply.

Posted August 12, 2015 at 11:59 am | Permalink

I thought this was more straightforward than usual for a Jay – maybe I was just on the right wave length. 1* difficulty and 4* for enjoyment.
    I did get a bit stuck with 25a – with alternate letters in it looked like a rather unlikely word – I always forget those beer fans.
    17a was much easier once I’d stopped trying to make it begin with the wrong half of ‘seen’. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/icon_rolleyes.gif
    14a made me laugh – I don’t have a smutty mind like RD obviously has but just saw the King George as a pub.
    I liked 14 and 22a and 18d. My favourite was 8d.
    With thanks to Jay and to the 2K’s. You sound as if you’re becoming quite ‘techie’!

• Rabbit Dave
      Posted August 12, 2015 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

Posted August 12, 2015 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

Only joking! http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_rose.gif

• Rabbit Dave
          Posted August 12, 2015 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

Posted August 12, 2015 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

Thanks to Jay and to the 2 Kiwis for the review and hints. A very enjoyable but quite straightforward puzzle. Just needed the hints to parse 11d, which was last in. Favourite was 25a, I am a member of said organisation, and attended GBBF yesterday, and will be going again tomorrow! Was 2*/4 * for me. Sun trying to come out in Central London.

Posted August 12, 2015 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

Very enjoyable with perhaps the exception of 9a which I thought a bit weak. Loved 25a and esp 8d, an old chestnut perhaps but welcome for all that. Very much not a 22ahttp://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_good.gif
    No broadband at the moment as BT seems to clobbered the local network, going to take 5 days to fix! Running through the mobile at the moment.
    Thx to all

10. Owdoo
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Pretty quick solve for me too. The only one I stumbled on slightly was 6d as I was more familiar with a similar instrument ending “ine”.
    I might even have time for a go at the toughie for the second day in a row.
    1*/3*
    Thanks Jay and the 2Ks.

11. Liz
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 12:58 pm | Permalink

Nice easy one today with some great clues. I liked 7d, 13a, and 25a but my favourite wad 8d….made me smile. However I thought 9a was a very weak clue, took me a while to put this one in as I couldn’t believe it could be so obvious….’begging head to be dismissed’ would have made it less obvious. I also thought 27a a nice one….my last in. 25a also a good one which will no doubt be appreciated by many of our regulars!! 26a took a while after going through all the nautical instrumentation I could think of the penny dropped….a nice misleading clue! Thanks to 2Ks although I didn’t need any hints today, and to setter for a very enjoyable puzzle. 1*/4*

Posted August 12, 2015 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

Favourite for me was 13a. Rents on drinking establishments are so high now, you would have to sell a massive amount of tea.
    7d made me laugh. Go and get me the machine to uncurl the parsley while you ‘re at it.
    Thanks to Jay and to 2kiwis.

13. SheilaP
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

Very nice and enjoyable today. **/*** for us. I wanted to put loafing for 9 across i.e. lounging in a nice comfortable chair, rather than the correct answer, because a think the right answer is really feeble. Thank you to the Wednesday setter and to the 2Kiwis.

14. pete
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 1:27 pm | Permalink

Dont know if I am getting better or the crosswords have been easier this week? Finished all so far without any help. I think I am a bit long in the tooth to be improving ha ha

15. Jane
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

Looks as though I found my own personal booby trap into which no-one else has confessed to falling. First pass through the ‘across’ clues (so no checkers in place) I was convinced that ‘compass’ was the answer for 26a – COMP(limentary) +A+SS. Pushed the puzzle into 2* for the problems that gave me in the SE corner!
    Yet another variation of clue for that US city at 18d – rather a good one, I thought.
    Can’t believe that 25a was the last one in for MP – please, let’s not let him forget it for weeks and weeks and……http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_yahoo.gif
    Plenty on the short list today – Jay is such a master of surfaces:- 1,10,22a plus 7,8 & 21d. The red rosette goes to 3d.
    2*/4* for me with many thanks to Jay and grateful thanks to 2Ks for getting their Windows 10 issues sorted out in time for today’s blog. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_good.gif

Posted August 12, 2015 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

No, no, no, you are not the only person to put “compass” in at 26a, and I justified it exactly as you did! Certainly messed up that corner.

• sunny_h
        Posted August 12, 2015 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

I was misdirected with 26a but my little grey cells couldn’t think of any ship instruments. I like your alternative answer.

Posted August 12, 2015 at 6:06 pm | Permalink

You’ve changed your email address since your last comment so this needed moderation.

16. Peta
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 1:53 pm | Permalink

13 across brought a smile to my face!

• Claris
      Posted August 12, 2015 at 9:01 pm | Permalink

Yes I liked that one too, and 25 across (Tarmac) – in fact even though most weren’t too difficult they were nearly all cleverly crafted I thought. 16 down made me smile too – the short-tempered Blairite would be more worried about Left than Right at the moment I think!

17. Hanni
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

**/****

Joyful Jay.

Wednesday’s always delight. Today is a Wednesday. We seem to have had a beer filled week…and Pimms.

25 and 27a were a delight.

Many thanks to Jay and the 2Kiwis for your usual excellent blog. Well done on your Windows 10 installation. It’s crashed 3 for 3 laptops for me so far by losing the drivers for the touchpads and keyboards. Ended up sorting them myself as Microsoft were so *insert swear word* useless. Could have used the excellent BD/Gazza combination. I have not dared do the PC’s yet. Sorry rant over.

Posted August 12, 2015 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

Hanni, Both you and the 2Kiwis seem to be under the impression that I know a lot about Windows – this is far from the truth. In the old days I knew my way round various mainframe and minicomputer Operating Systems but about Windows I know virtually nothing and have no great wish to know more. I think you’re terribly brave to have installed Windows 10 this early in its life – my motto is ‘If it ain’t broke …’ so I won’t be moving to Windows 10 for some time.

• Hanni
        Posted August 12, 2015 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

Cheers Gazza. I wouldn’t worry. Microsoft seem to know sod all about their own systems anyway. And you’re right, it’s my own fault. Everything ran fine on W8.1.

Posted August 12, 2015 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

My Godson, my IT expert, advised me not to upgrade to Windows 10, and it certainly sounds like it was good advice. He knows how green I am when it comes to computers!

18. Jay legs
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

A lady on the blog (sorry but I can’t remember who ?) said that if the crossword is recognised as an offering from Jay always start with the down clues! This was so true today, all the way down 27a until I put one in the all the down clues were R & W ? Very enjoyable **/*** Many thanks to the 2Ks 1a, 10a & 25a were. My favourites

Posted August 12, 2015 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

Over too quickly and, for me, no smiles but that may be because I had a particularly bad night. I did like 18d, though, because leaving that rapidly decaying city is definitely smart. Thanks to Jay and K2.

Posted August 12, 2015 at 2:30 pm | Permalink

Rather a doddle, but better than having the few remaining grey cells shut up shop for lack of stimulation. 1*/2*, and no real favourite clue. Too many anagrams for my taste. Thanks to Jay, and thanks to the 2 Kiwis.

21. pommers
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

For me this was reminiscent of Jay’s puzzles back in the day when I did the Wednesday blog. It was always said, “It’s Wednesday, it’s Jay so start with the downs” and this was exactly that – only two acrosses but then 11 downs. Just like old times http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_yes.gif

**/**** from us with 22a as favourite or 27a or perhaps 5d.

Thanks to Jay and the 2Kiwis.

22. Beaver
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

A */*** for me ,always seem to be one star less than the 2K,S for some reason- liked the rat race pic,and favourite 25a -we’d all be drinking eurofizz watneys red barrel if not for them. Noted Hanni’s comments on the windows 10,having been forced to change from 7 to 8( which I really dislike) about a year ago it will take a good deal of positive reviews before I take the plunge

• Hanni
      Posted August 12, 2015 at 3:26 pm | Permalink

Hi Beaver. I’d stick with 8 for now. The new start menu thing is good on 10.

23. Young Salopian
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

Like many others, I thought 9a was on the weak side and could have been clued better. That apart, a very enjoyable and very solvable puzzle from today’s setter. Good to see everyone’s favourite old instrument in 6d making another appearance. I’m sure there will be another trireme drifting into port before long. A solid 2/3, with thanks to the 2 Ks for their hard work.

24. Shropshirelad
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 3:27 pm | Permalink

Fairly straight forward offering today with nothing much to tax the brain. Solid clue constructions, as expected from Jay. However, not a lot of LOL moments which is not what is expected from Jay. Still, an enjoyable solve with no stand out favourite apart from 1a. In my mind’s eye I had the ‘for’ at the start and the ‘ate’ at the end – I will leave you all to draw your own assumptions………..http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_whistle3.gif

Thanks to Jay for the puzzle and 2K’s for their review. Like Gazza, I will stick with W8 – I have been bitten before by Windows upgrades.

BTW 2K’s, what’s the local population’s general feeling about the new flag referendum? I only ask as it is not receiving much media coverage here in the UK.

• 2Kiwis
      Posted August 12, 2015 at 8:07 pm | Permalink

The proposed new flag is an on-going issue that still has quite some time to run. Up until last week the website where possibilities were put forward had over 10,000 (yes ten thousand) listings. Last week the committee responsible selected 40 designs and these were published recently. Very soon they will select 4 options from these which will be the subject of nation-wide referendum in a few months to select just one. When this selection is made, there will be another referendum in 2016 where the flag chosen in this year’s referendum will be put up against the existing flag and a final decision will be made.
      Our shared personal opinion is that we do need a change, mainly because the present one is so similar to the Aussie one.
      Our personal choice for a new one would be to use our avatar from here.
      Why don’t we have a blog opinion poll on that.http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_smile.gif

Posted August 12, 2015 at 10:06 pm | Permalink

I second that. Why don’t we start a movement?

Posted August 12, 2015 at 10:31 pm | Permalink

I don’t know anything at all about flags – this is always proved by watching University Challenge and/or Only Connect. When we watched both last night we said that we should learn a bit more about them – maybe this will give us both the push to do so.

• Shropshirelad
        Posted August 12, 2015 at 11:35 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the reply 2K’s – much appreciated. I must admit it is sometimes difficult to see the difference when the flags are waving in the breeze and I do hope that an agreement is reached by the majority of your nation’s population. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_good.gif

• Shropshirelad
          Posted August 12, 2015 at 11:54 pm | Permalink

As an add on – personally I was ever so pleased that nearly 84% of my country of birth turned out to vote on the Independence referendum.. On things of that nature, I believe that voting should be compulsory. But hey, that’s just me.http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_cool.gif

25. Hilary
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

Very happy Hilary today, tooth extraction at last feeling better and a lovely Jay offering which I managed without any electronic help. Thanks to 2Kiwis for explaining what I had done. I put things in but still cannot work out why – perhaps one day. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/smiley-phew.gif

• Hilary
      Posted August 12, 2015 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

My favourite had to be 27a not for any other reason than I was so impressed that I managed the anagram just by looking at it. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_yahoo.gif

• Miffypops
        Posted August 12, 2015 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

Perhaps one of these rearranged the letters for you Hilary. My bet is it lives in the cupboard under the stairs this cupboard was always known as The Bogeyhole in our house.

• Miffypops
        Posted August 12, 2015 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

Or what I really mean is well done you.

• Hilary
          Posted August 12, 2015 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

Or it could be that I recognised it from all the time I spent there with my box of tissues moping about a crossword that had defeated me.

• pommers
            Posted August 12, 2015 at 8:24 pm | Permalink

Hilary, don’t fret. Honest, there are some crosswords that are beyond us normal people so just let it go when you can’t get there. The cupboard under the stairs isn’t necessary -just move on to the next one.

• Angel
              Posted August 12, 2015 at 8:48 pm | Permalink

Normal people?! http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_wacko.gif

• pommers
                Posted August 12, 2015 at 9:03 pm | Permalink

There must be at least a couple on here?

• Hanni
                  Posted August 12, 2015 at 9:07 pm | Permalink

Count me out. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_yes.gif

• pommers
                    Posted August 12, 2015 at 9:17 pm | Permalink

Never counted you in, but out of about 10.000 hits a day surely some are “normal”. Or perhaps not. There again just doing cryptics is not normal, being interested in language isn’t normal so perhaps we’re all a medium sized town in Essex (I got legged up for calling it small a few of weeks ago).

However, some normal people must have drifted on here by mistake – I just hope they succumb to the temptation to stay. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_good.gif

• 2Kiwis
                      Posted August 12, 2015 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

Woof Woof.

• Hanni
                      Posted August 12, 2015 at 9:31 pm | Permalink

Miffypops seems fairly normal.

• pommers
                      Posted August 12, 2015 at 9:34 pm | Permalink

?

• Miffypops
      Posted August 13, 2015 at 12:51 am | Permalink

I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. I am normal .I am normal. Try and prove me wrong!!!

Posted August 12, 2015 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

This was a treat! I agree that 9a was a tad weak, but the rest was entertaining.
    I, too, had to google “camra” to make sense of my answer to 25a.
    I needed the hints to know why 11d was correct, I was looking for some material, but the answer had to be right.
    Like Jane, I had “compass” in 26a, but erased it as soon as I got 16d.
    I rather like 27a, the anagram pretty much solved itself.
    Thanks to Jay and 2Kiwis for the excellent review. Good luck with Windows 10!

27. silvanus
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

Not too tricky thankfully, and some clever constructions along the way.

As I didn’t spot that 15a was an anagram for some time, I’ll nominate that one as my favourite.

Many thanks to Jay and the 2Kiwis.

• pommers
      Posted August 12, 2015 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

For some time I thought that 15a might be – – – – P/ALMS. Some sort of fruit bearing palm trees (date-palms don’t work) and some sort of alms as poor relief. It was a couple of checkers that gave the game away. Is that Jay being clever or me being a bit thick, or perhaps it’s because there are so many palm trees around here.

28. pommers
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

I put Windows 10 on my laptop on Monday and it’s working fine. It loaded and configured itself in about an hour and kept all the things I’d personalised in Windows 8.1.

The only things I had to do was reload my virus checker and turn off all the bits of Windows 10 that want to send info to Microsoft. Surely the OFF option should be the default otherwise millions of people are giving Microsoft personal info without their knowledge.

If anything my laptop is running a tad quicker than it used to but that might just be wishful thinking.

29. Gwizz
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 7:01 pm | Permalink

I admire anyone who d/loads a new operating system so soon; I always hang on until I know the bad bits have been eradicated…. which normally means I’m the last person I know to update. Oh well.
    A gentle challenge today, and after my efforts of the last couple of days a great relief.
    No real standout favourites, I’ll go with 25a.
    Thanks to Jay and to the 2K’s.

• Posted August 12, 2015 at 7:05 pm | Permalink

So far, so good. Windows 10 appears to be the best operating system that Microsoft have ever produced, better than both Windows 3.1 and Windows XP.

• Hanni
        Posted August 12, 2015 at 7:23 pm | Permalink

Now they are all working it seems OK but the same problem on 3 consecutive laptops (2 Dell and 1 Lenovo), had me wanting to cry. Start menu is great improvement and privacy settings adjusted. Total lack of tech support from MS, I’m not techy, actually made me want a MacBook, for about 10 seconds.

• pommers
          Posted August 12, 2015 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

My laptop’s a Lenovo so that aint the problem.

• Hanni
            Posted August 12, 2015 at 8:53 pm | Permalink

I did a Dell first then the Lenovo. It loaded to the start screen wallpaper but the touchpad didn’t work. I rang MS helpline, twice, no help with the first guy saying “Thanks for letting us know,” and hanging up.
            Plugged in a mouse, went to the virtual keyboard to get into the laptop as the regular keyboard didn’t work either. Then to device manager to automatically search for the drivers. After that it worked. I’m not techy at all and I can imagine a few people ending up taking their devices to a shop if they can’t figure it out. I wanted to throw all of ours out of a window.

But they work now. Happy result.http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_smile.gif

Posted August 12, 2015 at 10:22 pm | Permalink

I suspect that this is neither the time nor the place to say it but if you all had Macs . . . http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_unsure.gif
      Now I’m going to duck, stick my fingers in my ears and go, “Tra la la la la” and then go to bed to read my book!
      Night night all http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/smiley-yawn.gif

• pommers
        Posted August 12, 2015 at 10:30 pm | Permalink

Why do I need a mac – it don’t rain here, well it did last night big time but that’s the first for weeks..

Posted August 12, 2015 at 10:34 pm | Permalink

Oh dear! See – I knew I should have kept quiet! http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_smile.gif

30. Little Dave
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 7:02 pm | Permalink

Really enjoyed this! 3d and 1a nicely crafted.

Posted August 12, 2015 at 7:51 pm | Permalink

Good morning all. We did not realise how ‘with it’ we were to install W10 at this stage. We had put it on to our old PC about a week earlier. This had become so slow it was virtually unusable. W10 was like an injection of monkey-glands for it and it is now back to being a viable machine. From this experience we felt quite confident when we got the message that it was our turn to install W10 on our No1 laptop. Then our troubles started. Clever Bas had to get the computer to stay on long enough so that he could remove W10 and reactivate W7. Then he could get into the system and fiddle around with the drivers that were causing the problem. The fact that we unknowingly had two competing anti-virus systems running had much to do with it. When it was all sorted, he then re-installed W10. All of this he did for us during the weekend. Sheer genius in our opinion and we are sooo grateful. We are all smiles again now and it looks like all the fiddly bits with putting the blog together worked as usual.
    Cheers.

32. Framboise
    Posted August 12, 2015 at 10:27 pm | Permalink

Really enjoyed this! Encountered no problem. 22a made me laugh. 2*/4*. Many thanks to Jay and to the 2Ks. Relieved that my molar extraction went well… Good luck to all with Windows 10! I’ll remain faithful to my Apple machines…

Posted August 12, 2015 at 10:35 pm | Permalink

Me too with Apples – now just wait for someone to mention Blackberries.

• Hanni
        Posted August 12, 2015 at 10:44 pm | Permalink

I remember getting my first BlackBerry c2002? It was a works one and I loved it. I’m also waiting for several friends/family members to start making blackberry jam. I will love that more. Not once have I ever made jam right.

• Shropshirelad
          Posted August 12, 2015 at 11:43 pm | Permalink

Sorry, all this talk about fruits has left me bemused. I can understand that a banana could somehow be used as a ‘phone prop – but the rest of it leaves me flummoxed http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_wacko.gif

33. Jane
    Posted August 13, 2015 at 12:08 am | Permalink

Hi TS – guess you’ll be around sometime in the wee small hours. Can’t believe that PH has never been to Hong Kong! Meant to tell you – the only copy of Harbour that I could get was a ‘pre-loved’ one (I refused to buy it new from Amazon as they are currently shooting themselves in the foot by making some items available only if you agree to sign up for Amazon Prime). Would you believe it – it turned out to be a signed copy!
    Have today ordered Common Places – that is a new copy so at least PH will get his royalties from that one.
    Still waiting for the poetry but that’s coming from the US so will likely be another week or so yet.
    Thought of you with the 5d cartoon today! http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_bye.gif

• Shropshirelad
      Posted August 13, 2015 at 12:13 am | Permalink

What!! Do you think our TS is a rat? Only kidding http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_whistle3.gif

Sleep tight – I will

• Jane
        Posted August 13, 2015 at 12:16 am | Permalink

Oh RATS! Hadn’t looked at it that way. http://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/icon_redface.gif

• Tstrummer
      Posted August 13, 2015 at 1:33 am | Permalink

I’m happy to be a rat, although we used used to call it “mouse racing in Fleet Street” if anyone showed any ambition to get on. Right now, I feel like an arthritic sloth with bunions.

34. Miffypops
    Posted August 13, 2015 at 12:43 am | Permalink

I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal. I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal. I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.I am normal.

• Hanni
      Posted August 13, 2015 at 12:48 am | Permalink

I’m unsure where you stand on this point? So does Pommers.

• Miffypops
        Posted August 13, 2015 at 12:53 am | Permalink

Do you never sleep?

• Hanni
      Posted August 13, 2015 at 12:51 am | Permalink

Windows 10 issue?

• Miffypops
        Posted August 13, 2015 at 12:54 am | Permalink

No. Just fooling

• Hanni
          Posted August 13, 2015 at 1:12 am | Permalink

It seems your keyboard might have a problem. Try a MacBook Pro thing, they have keyboards too. Apple Genius me.

35. oddjob
    Posted August 13, 2015 at 1:27 am | Permalink

£1.40? Back to the Depoe for you! All copy and print makes Mp a dull boy!

36. Tstrummer
    Posted August 13, 2015 at 1:28 am | Permalink

I am clearly not normal: I don’t put my feet on the seats in the train; I don’t have tiny headphones screwed deeply into my ears at all times; I am not sick on the late train home; I don’t talk loudly over the top of other people; I seldom wear shirts with writing all over them; I don’t know what a meme is; I have never watched Downton Abbey; I don’t have a television set; I smoke a pipe; I go to the theatre a lot and understand what’s going on; I read books; I am incapable of walking along while peering intently at my phone; I say ‘may I have?’ instead of ‘can I get?’; I never split an infinitive; I have never been to Magaluf; I receive no state benefits and I go to work when everyone else is going home.
    Back to the subject in hand. I enjoyed this gentle Jay and finished it before the first pint. I shan’t have a second, as my antipodean audience will be waiting with bated breath and clenched buttocks for my radio contribution in a few hours’ time. I have, as yet, no idea what to tell them, so I must get down to some solid homework before the alarm goes off. My favourite was probably 13a.
    Thanks to Jay and to K-squared for a well-illustrated (rats and all) review, which I enjoyed but did not need.

• oddjob
      Posted August 13, 2015 at 2:09 am | Permalink

Yhttp://bigdave44.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_sad.gifou sound like my long lost father, apart from that infinitive splitting thingy( never worked that one out).

• oddjob
      Posted August 13, 2015 at 2:31 am | Permalink

Just googled “meme”, still not a clue, I’ll ask my father.

37. Vancouverbc
    Posted August 13, 2015 at 1:34 am | Permalink

**/**** for me also. Late today and started Thursday’s challenge which is not going well. Thanks to the 2Ks and the setter for a very enjoyable and boozy puzzle.

38. Owdoo
    Posted August 13, 2015 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

This blog thread took an interesting turn late at night!