|2 hours (in the fridge!)|
|four to six people (as long as BD is not one of them!)|
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp icing sugar
250g mascarpone cheese
175 ml very strong coffee
2 tbsp brandy or other liqueur
10‑12 long sponge fingers
Cocoa powder for dusting
1. Separate eggs then beat egg yolks until creamy beat in sugars and gradually mix in the mascarpone cheese.
2. Whisk egg whites until stiff and carefully fold these into the cheese mixture.
3. Add brandy or liqueur to the coffee and soak biscuits for only a few seconds and place some in the bottom of a bowl.
4. Layer up the biscuits and cheese mixture finishing with a layer of cheese.
5. Cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
6. Just before serving dust generously with cocoa powder.
 I actually prefer to use Amaretto or Tia Maria, however anything alcoholic will be fine
<< Big Dave’s Kitchen