Sloggers & Betters (York 2017)

Sloggers & Betters – York

27-29 October, 2017

The Fox and Roman

As in previous years, the main event will be at The Fox and Roman, 58 Tadcaster Road, Dringhouses, York YO24 1LR. A buffet lunch has been arranged.

Beer and Quiz crawl: Friday’s Ale Trail Quiz begins at the York Tap (towards the north end of Platform 3) at 6pm, moving each hour on the hour to another location (5 locations in all).

Hair of the Hound: In past years, survivors have met on Sunday morning in the York Tap for a farewell drink before catching trains. Please note that the pub’s current Sunday opening time is 11am.

Further details can be seen on fifteensquared:

Main post

Update

If you intend to attend, please leave a comment on the update post above, but make sure you read the post first.

1. Maggie, Kens wife
    Posted October 19, 2017 at 8:36 pm | Permalink | Reply

I am sorry not good with computers, I am Maggie, Ken Wigmore’s wife. Ken died on the 13th of October, I just wanted you to know he enjoyed spending time with you all and even was doing crossword in his semi coma, thank you all for giving him hours of pleasure.

Maggie

• Posted October 19, 2017 at 8:45 pm | Permalink | Reply

I am very sorry to hear that Maggie. I met Ken on several occassions and he will be sadly missed. Regulars will have known him better as Bifield.

Posted October 19, 2017 at 8:59 pm | Permalink | Reply

Very sad news. My condolences to you and your family

• jane
      Posted October 19, 2017 at 9:08 pm | Permalink | Reply

Oh, that is such a shock, Maggie, but thank you so much for letting us know. I only had one opportunity to meet Ken face to face – at the last birthday party – and I found him to be such an engaging character. My sincere condolences, he will long be remembered on the blog.

• jean-luc cheval
      Posted October 19, 2017 at 9:21 pm | Permalink | Reply

So sorry to hear about your loss. Bifield was such good company. I shall miss him.

• Gazza
      Posted October 19, 2017 at 9:45 pm | Permalink | Reply

Thank you for letting us know, Maggie, and condolences on your sad loss. Ken will be missed.

• Posted October 19, 2017 at 10:26 pm | Permalink | Reply

Sincere condolences, Maggie. Thank you for telling us. I didn’t know him very well but he was so clearly a lovely guy, and he’ll be much missed. Wishing you strength at this difficult time.

• Deep Threat
      Posted October 20, 2017 at 12:35 am | Permalink | Reply

I am sorry to hear your news. I met Ken at one of the London get-togethers, and enjoyed talking to him. Requiescat in Pace.

2. miffypops
    Posted October 20, 2017 at 1:05 am | Permalink | Reply

So sorry to hear this. I met him at the Little Venice gatherings (Check the gallery above under the features tab for photos) Great bloke. Great hat.