Cruciverbalists’ Convention (Feb 2013)

Cruciverbalists’ Convention

+ – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – +

It’s time once again for a meeting in London, this time to celebrate the fourth birthday of the blog.  Come along and join us at The Bridge House, 13 Westbourne Terrace Road, London, W2 6NG on the 2nd February – any time between 12noon and 7.00pm.

All are welcome and, as usual, we have picked a pub that enables you to enjoy a host of real ales.  Click on either of the pictures for further details of the venue.

Only ten minutes walk from Paddington Station

It is all very accessible, in case anyone has special needs.

View Larger Map

Early birds meet at The Mad Bishop & Bear, 1st Floor, Paddington Station (up the escalators above the shops and food court).

Opens at 8:00, serves alcohol from 10:00

**************************************************************

I had double-booked the original date, so this is a revised date.

**************************************************************

This get-together is a joint Big Dave / Elgar / Jetdoc production.

1. Frogone
    Posted January 30, 2013 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

Wish I could come & meet some of the bloggers! Maybe next time!
    Enjoy yourselves!

• Posted January 30, 2013 at 5:59 pm | Permalink

Would have been great if you could have made it.

Welcome to the blog Frogone. Are you François Hollande in disguise?

2. Jane Teather
    Posted January 31, 2013 at 11:04 am | Permalink

People travelling there by tube should get the Bakerloo line to Warwick Avenue or Paddington — there is no service on the Circle Line, and very limited service on the Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan Lines.

3. Palookaville
    Posted January 31, 2013 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

Cool – glad I dropped in. Should be able to make that.

Paul.

Posted February 1, 2013 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

I’m hoping to get there.

• Heno
      Posted February 1, 2013 at 3:29 pm | Permalink

Hi Kath, I’m afraid I can’t go, would’ve been nice to meet you, but I have a ticket for Arsenal vs Stoke. I’ll try to get to the next one, providing it doesn’t clash with football. Enjoy yourself tomorrow.

Posted February 1, 2013 at 6:00 pm | Permalink

Hi – next time then. Have a good day tomorrow, even if I do think that you’ve got your priorities all wrong! :smile:

• Heno
          Posted February 2, 2013 at 12:48 pm | Permalink

If we lose today, then you may have a point :-)

5. gnomethang
    Posted February 2, 2013 at 12:16 pm | Permalink

Alas – I have had plans made for me on my Birthday Weekend (Its tomorrow) so I won’t be able to make it. Hope you all have a good time.

Posted February 2, 2013 at 7:51 pm | Permalink

My birthday is the third as well. Have a very happy birthday.

• gnomethang
        Posted February 4, 2013 at 9:55 am | Permalink

MIssed the post Merusa – I hope yours was as enjoyable as mine!

6. Posted February 2, 2013 at 12:18 pm | Permalink

We’re here!!

Andy and Poppy are the first to arrive.

• Heno
      Posted February 2, 2013 at 12:49 pm | Permalink

Enjoy

7. Vigo
    Posted February 2, 2013 at 7:17 pm | Permalink

It was lovely to meet everyone today. (Victoria – decided on 1st 2 letters of names). Thanks v x

• Posted February 2, 2013 at 9:29 pm | Permalink

Welcome to the blog Vigo

It was great to meet you as well. I’ve deleted your query, not because it is in another paper but because it is an ongoing prize puzzle. I’ll email you later..

8. regalize
    Posted February 2, 2013 at 9:17 pm | Permalink

It was reaaly good to meet up with old (no not you BD) and new friends. I leave these get-togethers feeling a sense of well-being which is not just down to the booze. Crucipals, thank you.

Posted February 2, 2013 at 9:30 pm | Permalink

I know exactly what you mean about the sense of well-being after the get-togethers – I was really sorry I couldn’t be there today but will definitely be at the next one, come what may.

• Posted February 2, 2013 at 9:30 pm | Permalink

Welcome to the blog regalize

It’s always great meeting you.