Sloggers and Betters 8

Sloggers and Betters 8

What? The 8th annual “Sloggers and Betters” gathering for crossword setters and blog contributors and readers will take place in London, following on, as last year, from the annual lunch for Times setters.

When? 4:30pm onwards on Wednesday 30th May 2012

Where?

London – meeting at the The Town of Ramsgate, Wapping

The Town of Ramsgate, 62 Wapping High Street, London, E1W 2PN

And later? Anyone still standing will be heading towards a nearby restaurant

Who? Anyone who is interested

Why? It is hoped that most of the Times setters and several of the Telegraph, Guardian, Independent and FT setters will put in an appearance.  There should also be a cross-section of bloggers and readers from this site, Times for the Times and Fifteensquared.  This is your chance to meet us!

How? Although you can just turn up on the day, so that we have some idea of the numbers likely to attend, please indicate by leaving a comment or writing to me using the form below [applications are now closed].

If you’ve never been before, these are very friendly functions and you have the opportunity to meet other like-minded people.

1. Donk
    Posted May 16, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Permalink

I’d absolutely love to come to this! Live and work in London so could be there by 5.30pm to join the party.

2. gnomethang
    Posted May 16, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Permalink

I’ll try and engineer my diary to be there. Our office is a 5 minute walk away on East Smithfield. I can’t guarantee my location but I am usually in London and that will be a good excuse to dump my bag at the office and join y’all for a pint. I know where the local curry house is as well!

• gnomethang
      Posted May 16, 2012 at 11:33 pm | Permalink

Thanks the Lord that I didn’t say ‘dairy’ – that would have been a bit tricky!

Posted May 16, 2012 at 7:16 pm | Permalink

Sadly, even with the high speed train, it would not be practical for me to get to a weekday late afternoon/evening gathering which is a shame for many reasons, not least because they are always such fun. Still there’s always the next Saturday one to look forward to in due course.

Posted May 26, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Permalink

A visit to sister having put life into perspective means that I have changed my mind and will definitely be coming up to the garthering on wednesday afternoon..

Posted May 27, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

I’ll be there, looking forward to it.

5. Windsurfer23
    Posted May 27, 2012 at 6:44 pm | Permalink

I should be able to attend.

6. gnomethang
    Posted May 27, 2012 at 9:03 pm | Permalink

I am up tghe road at Tower Hill that day. See you all there!.

7. Rorschach
    Posted May 29, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

I hope to pop in albeit briefly

Posted May 29, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

Hi Rorschach – welcome to the blog.

Posted May 31, 2012 at 9:47 am | Permalink

Many thanks to Big Dave for organising, great time really enjoyed it. Hope you managed to get back to your sister’s place ok. I got back at 1:20!