NTSPP – 100

Not the Saturday Prize Puzzle – 100

Happy Anniversary by Prolixic

+ – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – +

Welcome to the latest in our series of weekly puzzles.

For the 100th puzzle, we have a specially themed contribution from Prolixic.

The puzzle is available by clicking here:

NTSPP - 100

Feel free to leave comments about this puzzle on this post.  A review will be published in due course.

Posted January 7, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Permalink

The usual excellent Saturday diversion from Prolixic (and friends). If you are stuck, my review will be available later this afternoon. Oh, and Pommers, look very carefully….!!

2. Tilly
    Posted January 7, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Permalink

Thoroughly entertaining anniversary puzzle. Many thanks Prolixic et al.

Today is my 44th wedding anniversary so now off to celebrate …

Posted January 7, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Permalink

Happy anniversary Tilly. If only you had said before, he could have inclluded a clue for you!!

• pommers
      Posted January 7, 2012 at 4:15 pm | Permalink

Happy anniversary Tilly – have a good one!

• Tilly
      Posted January 8, 2012 at 12:22 am | Permalink

Thanks for your good wishes.

3. pommers
    Posted January 7, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

Enjoyed this one even if a little obscure for me in places! I needed to ‘reveal’ a couple of letters to get me going again when I stalled. Probably should have persevated a bit more as I think I would have got there unaided eventually but I was intrigued by CS’s comment at #1 and wanted to get it finished!

I can see what’s in col 1 and the Nina about the NTSPP but why it should be me particularly that looks hard I can’t see at the moment! Unless it’s to do with 15d and possibly 12a but surely not! Don’t tell me now – I’ll keep looking until the review appears! There’s a couple I can’t fully parse.

Nice puzzle Prolixic – were you trying to break the record for the number of Z’s in a crossword?

Posted January 7, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

Because like me, you usually miss the Ninas :D

• pommers
        Posted January 7, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Permalink

Funny, pommette said that about 10 mins ago!

Posted January 7, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

Great minds… women know best…. can’t think of any other phrases at the moment, but I bet Pommette can!

• pommers
            Posted January 7, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Permalink

I think her favourite is ‘A woman without a man is like a Halibut without a bicycle’ – I know my plaice!!!!