Puzzles for Saturday 22nd of October

Puzzles for Saturday 22nd of October

+ – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + –  + – + – + – +

Today’s puzzles have kindly been provided by Phil McNeill, the Telegraph’s Puzzles Editor.

They can be downloaded by clicking on the links below:

Saturday Cryptic and Quick puzzles

Giant GK puzzle

Giant GK 12389

Saturday Sudoku, Codewords and GK Quick puzzles

Sudoku, Codewords and GK Quick

Feel free to leave a comment on what you think of this facility.  Please don’t leave comments on this post about the puzzles themselves.

1. Amanda Cresswell
    Posted October 22, 2011 at 12:48 am | Permalink

Dave,

Hope I can say this………..

Living in America (ex pat), I am soooooo frustrated at trying to get onto the “puzzles” website. It takes hours of trying (seriously, this has gone on for far too long now…just what is the problem?) and then, I discovered this! Fab, fab & ultra fab!

Loving you long time!

Amanda C

• Posted October 22, 2011 at 9:40 am | Permalink

Of course you can say it!

Compliments are always welcome.

• Steph
        Posted October 22, 2011 at 10:35 am | Permalink

How do you get to download the cryptics?

• Posted October 22, 2011 at 10:47 am | Permalink

Just click on the appropriate grid.

• Steph
            Posted October 22, 2011 at 11:07 am | Permalink

Sorry – where do you find them – www?

• Posted October 22, 2011 at 11:09 am | Permalink

On this page – click on one of the small grids above.

• Steph
                Posted October 22, 2011 at 11:11 am | Permalink

Is this new? I was looking for your clues to today’s cryptic – have they vanished?

• Posted October 22, 2011 at 11:13 am | Permalink

I’m still waiting for Tilsit to send them to me.

2. Jackie
    Posted October 22, 2011 at 6:00 am | Permalink

I can’t accesss the Giank GK today. I’ve tried through this link as well as through the Cluedup website but with the same result – a black page. Is it just me or is anyone else having problems?? I got the cryptic through this link without any problem.

• Posted October 22, 2011 at 9:05 am | Permalink

I checked and it’s OK – I’ll email you a copy.

• Jackie
        Posted October 22, 2011 at 10:35 am | Permalink

Copy received – many thanks. Normal Saturday has been resumed – except I’ve already done the cryptic and I usually do the x words the other way around on a Saturday!! Still, a change is as good as a rest, or so they say!

3. Collywobbles
    Posted October 22, 2011 at 11:40 am | Permalink

come on BD, let’s be aving you. Your audience awaits and I need help with this one!

• mary
      Posted October 22, 2011 at 11:46 am | Permalink

wot u need Collywobs may I be of assisstance :-)

• Posted October 22, 2011 at 11:47 am | Permalink

Not on this thread please!

• mary
          Posted October 22, 2011 at 11:48 am | Permalink

sorry :-(

• Posted October 22, 2011 at 11:50 am | Permalink

I’ve published the main post – but without the hints. Tilsit will send them soon (I hope)!

• Collywobbles
            Posted October 22, 2011 at 11:54 am | Permalink

I Can’t tell you Mary. I’ll have to go to the naughty step and wait for the main blog which is 53 minutes overdue

• Collywobbles
              Posted October 22, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Permalink

• Collywobbles
                Posted October 22, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

No hints!

• mary
                  Posted October 22, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

If you go to the right page now Collywobs maybe I can help

• mary
              Posted October 22, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

We have to remember Collywobs that people volunteer to do this :-)

• Collywobbles
                Posted October 22, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

I agree but it’s an enjoyable passtime which most of us do anyway

4. BigPalooka
    Posted October 22, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Permalink

Hi Dave. As per the first comment from Amanda in the US, I did struggle with my subscription version when away in Canada. My folks live there, so the link is going to them right now. So yes, this “facility” is most appreciated.

Thanks as always, hopefully will get to meet next Saturday,

Paul.