Cruciverbalists’ Convention (Oct 2011)

Cruciverbalists’ Convention

+ – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – +

It’s time once again for a meeting in London so come along and join us at the The Hamilton Hall, Street-level Concourse, Liverpool Street Station, City of London, EC2M 7PY on the 29th October – any time between 12noon and 7.00pm.

Update:  John Henderson is planning to get there as close to 9:00am as possible to reserve some space by the back (concourse-side) wall upstairs.  As long as my train is on time I should be there by 10:00am.

All are welcome and you can enjoy a host of real ales.  Click on either of the pictures for details of the venue.

Early birds can enjoy breakfast in the same hostelry.

This get-together is a joint Big Dave / Elgar / Jetdoc production.

1. Posted October 15, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Permalink

Everyone who can please come along and have a beer and a chinwag. It really is quite a lot of fun. The Duke of Uke is not too far away so I will be popping over there at some point as well (if it is still open!)

2. carrie
    Posted October 16, 2011 at 7:28 am | Permalink

I’ll be there although not for breakfast :) Looking forward to meeting some of the people l ‘meet’ here

Posted October 16, 2011 at 10:48 am | Permalink

I’ll be there too. :)

4. Prolixic
    Posted October 16, 2011 at 11:17 am | Permalink

Highly recommended to all. I hope to attend.

Posted October 16, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Permalink

I would love to come – depends a bit on what is happening here – various and unpredictable responsibilities – dog, ancient Mum, husband on call etc. Will have to see what is going on.

• Posted October 16, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Permalink

… and we would love to meet you.

Posted October 17, 2011 at 11:49 am | Permalink

Thanks – would love to be able to put faces to names!

Posted October 18, 2011 at 1:07 am | Permalink

I’m tempted, it may be considerably better than watching my team lose to Chelsea :-)

• Posted October 18, 2011 at 11:40 am | Permalink

They’re losing to everyone else this season!

• Heno
        Posted October 18, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

That’s why I can hardly bear to watch:-)

7. pommers
    Posted October 26, 2011 at 12:05 am | Permalink

No chance for me I fear – but I’ll be at the meeting in Derby though. Hope to see some of you there.

Posted October 28, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Permalink

In view of latest post I will try to be there a bit earlier than was the original idea. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone – I have to confess t o also feeling a little tiny bit nervous ….! How feeble – get a grip Kath! :smile:

• Posted October 28, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Permalink

Don’t panic. I have yet to be bitten. See you tomorrow.