Puzzles for Sunday 9th of October

Puzzles for Sunday 9th of October

+ – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + –  + – + – + – +

A big thank you to Phil McNeill, the Telegraph’s Puzzles Editor, for kindly providing pdfs for today’s cryptic, GK and EV puzzles.

They can be downloaded by clicking on the links below:

Sunday Cryptic and GK puzzles

ST 2609 + GK 986

Quick puzzle

Quick 176

EV puzzle

EV 988

Feel free to leave a comment on what you think of this facility.  Please don’t leave comments on this post about the puzzles themselves.

1. Silveroak
    Posted October 9, 2011 at 7:17 am | Permalink

Dave, many thanks. For the first time I have been unable to get in at all in 7 hours.

Posted October 9, 2011 at 8:36 am | Permalink

Thank you very much Phil and Dave. Saves me going out in the terrible rain as I can’t get on the site at all this morning.

3. Michael
    Posted October 9, 2011 at 8:41 am | Permalink

It is a shame that he can’t provide for the paying customers.

• Steve_the_beard
      Posted October 9, 2011 at 10:53 am | Permalink

A crying shame – I expect near 24/7 service from a web-based subscription service, not the abysmal service we’ve been suffering for so long. But hey, what do I know, I’ve only been programming for the last thirty years…

Many thanks to Dave and Phil for making today’s crosswords available.

4. Mark Pilbeam
    Posted October 9, 2011 at 8:43 am | Permalink

Great idea, although I would like the GK and the Quick. Haven’t had a reliable connection with the Telegraph site for a long time.

• Posted October 9, 2011 at 10:55 am | Permalink

Welcome to the blog Mark

Regrettably Phil was unable to provide the Quick crossword. The GK is in the same pdf as the cryptic.

• Posted October 9, 2011 at 11:16 am | Permalink

I’ve now been able to add the Quick crossword.

5. spindrift
    Posted October 9, 2011 at 8:51 am | Permalink

No joy since 6:30 this morning so this is a blessing on a windswept rainy morning. Just one request for those of us whose sight has seen better days (pun intended) can we have the puzzles as separate PDFs as I’m going to have to use high definition goggles for the cryptic!

• Posted October 9, 2011 at 9:10 am | Permalink

They are produced like this every day, it’s just that we don’t usually get to see them.

• Posted October 9, 2011 at 9:17 am | Permalink

Spindrift, if you open the PDF from the link the ST fits entirely in the screen. Press the ‘PrintScreen’ button on your keyboard and then [aste into paint. Set the Print format to A4 Landscape (I cropped the outside to improve) then you practically have a full size A4 Print available.

6. Nora
    Posted October 9, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

Dave, thank you so much for posting the crosswords. It’s taken all of the frustration out of my days!

7. Puzzler Dave
    Posted October 9, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

Many thanks BD for posting these, saves a lot of frustration. As I mentioned to you in a personal mail I have just cancelled my subscription to cluedup, which was due for renewal this weekend. It will be interesting if they do finally sort out the problems, but at the moment it seems to be getting worse each day and I am not prepared to waste more money on it.

• Posted October 9, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

Welcome to the blog Puzzler Dave

8. Lesley Williams
    Posted October 12, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Permalink

What is going on on the Telegraph site – I haven’t been able to access it for days!

• Posted October 12, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

Welcome to the blog Lesley

I think the technical term is that the site is knackered. It’s not going to be fixed for a few weeks yet – maybe as late as November.

Meanwhile you can download the puzzles in pdf format from here.

9. Lesley Williams
    Posted October 12, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

Bloody hell! I had better expectations of an outfit like the DT – surely all the subs they gather from us lot would pay for a techie oik to fix it or build a better site! Will we get our term extended or even a free year as a gogw?