NTSPP – 082 (Comments)

Not the Saturday Prize Puzzle – 082

Box by Radler

– + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – +

Welcome to the latest in our series of weekly puzzles.

After last week’s easier offering, this one from Radler is considerably harder.  You need to get 6d as early as possible to help with the theme.

The puzzle by Radler is available by clicking here:

NTSPP - 082

Feel free to leave comments about this puzzle on this post.

Posted September 3, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

I highly recommend this entertaining puzzle from Radler, even though it will leave you at the end with an uncontrollable desire to visit the corner shop :D

2. spindrift
    Posted September 3, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

BD – There does not appear to be the PDF option.Or is it just me?

• Posted September 3, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Permalink

Try it now – it went missing when I updated the puzzle.

3. gazza
    Posted September 3, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

Thanks to Radler for a very enjoyable puzzle. I approached it with some trepidation, based on BD’s warning and previous experience of Radler’s deviousness, but I actually progressed quite steadily through it. For me it was a fair bit easier than last week’s NTSPP (undoubtedly due to the fact that I was totally ignorant of last week’s theme, whereas I am well acquainted with this week’s!) . Favourite clue: 21d.

Posted September 3, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

I thought this at the (relatively) easier end of the Radler spectrum (as far as Radler crosswords can be described as ‘easy). I think it’s just temporary – I test solved a right toughie for him yesterday!

4. Prolixic
    Posted September 3, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

An enjoyable Radler crossword and, I agree, at the easier end of his spectrum! Should 2d be (2,4) and not (6)? I will write down and put up a review later today.

5. Hieroglyph
    Posted September 3, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Permalink

Really enjoyed this puzzle, so thanks to Radler. Favourite clues were 3d., 26d., and also 30ac, which caused me to revisit the album for the first time in ages.

• Franco
      Posted September 3, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Permalink

30a – I’m now playing it track by track via YouTube – I now wish that I hadn’t got rid of my vinyl collection. :sad: