NTSPP – 055 (Comments)

Not the Saturday Prize Puzzle – 055

Hearsay by Radler

+ – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – +

Welcome to the latest in our series of weekly puzzles.

Radler entertains us again with a puzzle which has an interesting theme which is suggested by the sub-title.

The puzzle by Radler will be available by clicking here:

NTSPP - 055

Feel free to leave comments about this puzzle.

1. Prolixic
    Posted February 26, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

I enjoyed test solving this. Radler has produced an excellent puzzle. Review will by up at 3:00pm.

Posted February 26, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Permalink

I printed this off and looked at it and looked at it and in the end had to give up and go on line to use a couple of ‘reveal letters’ to get me started. I found this the hardest Radler yet but I did like 11a. Thanks to Radler for the right proper brain stretcher.

3. Spindrift
    Posted February 26, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

I’m having problems printing the PDF – is anybody else or is it my steam driven PC acting up again?

Posted February 26, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Permalink

It worked for me, the only trouble was I couldn’t solve it on paper!!

Posted February 26, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

You need to click on the PDF printer icon rather than using CTRL/P or using Print from the File tab.

• Spindrift
        Posted February 26, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

Thanks Gazza but it will have to wait until tomorrow. Its 16.22 & my armchair beckons for the England-France game & I must replenish the beer fridge before the kick off!

4. gazza
    Posted February 26, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

Excellent puzzle from Radler – where do you get a twisted mind like that from? Luckily I got 14a pretty early on, which gave me the phrase and associated clues, otherwise I’d still be struggling this time next week. Favourite clues 11a (wonderful), 23a and 20d.