Crossword Course in Oxford

Crossword Course in Oxford

+ – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – +

A few tickets are still available.

Don “Giovanni” Manley is giving a one-day course on “How to solve cryptic crosswords”.  The course is in Oxford, and is in aid of his local church.

If you are interested, the details are below:

1. Peter
    Posted January 29, 2011 at 11:17 am | Permalink

I can’t go but would be very interested to hear of similar events.

Hope it goes well.

2. Geoff
    Posted January 29, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

Excellent! I’ll be there and will look forward to it.

• mary
      Posted January 29, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Permalink

I would definitely come if it was a bit nearer, lucky you Geoff :)

3. Barrie
    Posted January 30, 2011 at 11:24 am | Permalink

Shame it’s in the centre of Oxford on a Saturday which is virtually a no-go area for anyone not living in the city. Otherwise I would have loved to come.

• Barrie
      Posted January 30, 2011 at 11:25 am | Permalink

Thinking about it, this is just the sort of course that would be of great interest and benefit to many, could it not be filmed then made available on the web for a fee – all donations to charity?

• pommers
      Posted January 30, 2011 at 11:36 am | Permalink

Hi Barrie
      If you really want to go there’s a ‘Park and Ride’ service in Oxford, or at least there was the last time I was there! One car park very conveniently just off the A34.

• Posted January 30, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

And one on the A40 just as you get to the outskirts of Oxford.

• Geoff
        Posted January 30, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

There are five park and ride points, all free, one of which I shall have to use – getting into town is pretty easy!

4. Cicero
    Posted January 30, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Permalink

Excellent idea, my wife and I will travel up from Kent and stay overnight on Saturday. A weekend in Oxford sounds just the ticket!

5. Palookaville
    Posted February 19, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Permalink

Whoo hoo! Got my tickets in the post today with a form to return detailing our experience. My mate wants to send the answer back via this clue: Quiet it starts to engage our level of experience (5). Haha.

Anyone have comments on taking the train to Oxford on a Friday evening? I suppose If we book seats we’ll be fine. I could drive, but recall that park and ride thing being a bit odd.

OK then, hope to see a few of you there!

Paul.

6. Giovanni
    Posted February 25, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

Places are going quickly ( about 15 left) so you would be advised to phone 01865 243216 asap on Monday morning or post a cheque ( with your name and address please) this weekend. Strictly first come first served!

7. Posted February 27, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Permalink

Anyone drivng to the course from Hitchin/Letchworth area?

• Posted February 27, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Permalink

Welcome to the blog Patsy

8. Giovanni
    Posted March 22, 2011 at 10:33 am | Permalink

LAST CALL from me! We have over 20 now but are looking for five more ideally!