NTSPP – 028 (Comments)

Not the Saturday Prize Puzzle – 028

A Puzzle by Bufo

+– + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – +

Welcome to the twenty eighth in our series of weekly puzzles.

This week’s puzzle is our second from regular blogger Bufo.

The puzzle by Bufo is available by clicking here:

NTSPP - 028

Feel free to leave comments about this puzzle.

Posted August 21, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

A very good puzzle. Tougher than a Cryptic but not as tough as a tough toughie. Too many good clues to pick just one or two. Hint… it does help if you are a child of the 1950s but its not essential. Thanks Bufo.

2. prolixic
    Posted August 21, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

I will second Sue’s comments. A thoroughly enyoyable puzzle that was a pleasue to solve. Lots of good clues but I think that 30a was probably my favourite.

3. tilly
    Posted August 21, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

Thanks, Bufo for a nice workout. Even brought the sun out here!

Favourites 1a and 19a. 8d an all-time favourite both as it was originally and as this, more modern, version. Off to reward myself with a bit of 16d…

4. gazza
    Posted August 21, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Permalink

A really good puzzle – thanks to Bufo. My favourite clues were 30a, 1d, 4d and 21d.

5. cimanyd
    Posted August 21, 2010 at 11:58 pm | Permalink

Great crossword. Loved 1d,2d (had me going for a long time), 3d (nice aha! moment), 4d, 8d, 18d, 21d. 22a, 30a. Thoroughly enjoyable.

• Posted August 22, 2010 at 12:00 am | Permalink

Welcome to the blog cimanyd

• cimanyd
        Posted August 22, 2010 at 12:14 am | Permalink

Thanks again. I’ve actually posted a few times before as Dynamic, but had to reverse it when I decided to get a wordpress username that didn’t already exist instead of posting without one!

• Posted August 22, 2010 at 9:12 am | Permalink

You can set up a nickname on the “Edit Profile” page (Display name publicly as).