NTSPP – 016 Comments

Not the Saturday Prize Puzzle – 016

A Puzzle by Bufo

+– + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – +

Welcome to the sixteenth in our series of weekly puzzles.

Three weeks ago today, I was sitting in the White Horse, Parson’s Green with Bufo and he suddenly said “I’ll compile a puzzle for you, Dave”.  None of the usual arm-twisting or blackmail (I put that bit in for Prolixic and Gnomethang!).  Well, here is that puzzle, and a very enjoyable one it is too.

The puzzle by Bufo is available by clicking here:

NTSPP - 016

Feel free to leave comments about this puzzle.

1. tilly
    Posted May 29, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

Well done, Bufo! A very pleasant crossword, which gave me a lot to smile about – 22a, 2d amongst them. Liked 5d. Guess that some clues might cause a few furrowed brows like the reference to the chart-topping singer and also 20d, but for me you are a 1d who is a worthy addition to the blog. Many thanks.

2. Posted May 29, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

Just a quick note to say thanks for the puzzle Bufo, plenty to smile about in there.
    Also I will be putting up a review ready for tomorrow morning. In the meantime if you are stuck you can leave a comment and we can all pitch in as normal.

3. Posted May 29, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Permalink

Nice one…..with some very elegant clues. If that was your compiling debut, Bufo, then hearty congratulations.
    I enjoyed completing this on a drizzly afternoon not too far from 19d.

• Posted May 29, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Permalink

Bufo has compiled a number of Listener puzzles both on his own and in collaboration with other setters.

4. mark
    Posted May 29, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the puzzle Bufo. I haven’t had a look yet, but I have printed it off to attempt while I cook the kids’ dinner.
    mark

5. Radler
    Posted May 29, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Permalink

Well done Bufo! The first of many, I hope.
    I particularly liked 22a and 16d but can’t quite decide about 4d

6. prolixic
    Posted May 29, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

Fantastic puzzle Bufo. Many thanks for the entertainment. Favourite clues were 19a and 28a.