Anax in the FT

Anax in the FT

I’m sure you would like to join me today in congratulating Anax on his debut, as Loroso, as a setter in the Financial Times.  Only the Telegraph and the Guardian to go now to complete a full set!

FT puzzles are available, for a limited time, from their website.

If you link to this page you can download, as a pdf, a number of recent FT puzzles.  Anax’s puzzle is No 13,364.

FT Crosswords

1. Posted April 20, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Permalink

Not another one!. I still haven’t finished the top right in Saturday’s Indy!.

Nice one, Anax! Hope you get the ‘Full House’!

2. Posted April 20, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Permalink

Well done Anax…what day are you in?

• Posted April 20, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

Oh dunce corner for me again…I havve just fully read the above post…so will go and have a look at it….

3. Posted April 20, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

Hi guys

Moonstruck – I’m in today http://media.ft.com/cms/f97449fa-3d3e-11df-b81b-00144feabdc0.pdf but it’s not a set regularity. The editor will have a supply of puzzles and will arrange them according spread of grids, answers, difficulty etc. I may be in again in 3 weeks, or it could be 3 months! You can never predict it.

• Mark
      Posted April 20, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

Hi Anax,
      I’d had a look at this earlier (after you recommended that one by Alberich I have tried a couple of FT cryptics), but hadn’t realised it was you!
      It’s hard. Only got about 5 answers in. 15a was a beauty!
      mark

• Mark
        Posted April 20, 2010 at 7:36 pm | Permalink

OMG really stuck! Is 28a anything to do with Larson?
        mark

4. gnomethang
    Posted April 20, 2010 at 7:47 pm | Permalink

Mark, you need a 3 word phrase for written (on the —-) surrounding (it flanks) a 3 letter word for a sheep (in Crosswordland this is either tup, teg, ram or ewe – take yer pick!)
    definition is ‘wild’

• Mark
      Posted April 20, 2010 at 7:51 pm | Permalink

Many thanks. Got it now!
      mark

5. Posted April 20, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Permalink

If anyone gets really stuck, help is at hand here:

But be warned – fifteensquared displays ALL the answers