NTSPP – 010

Not the Saturday Prize Puzzle – 010

Mixed Abilities by Radler

+– + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – +

Welcome to the tenth in our series of weekly puzzles.

This is the third by Radler – this puzzle has down clues that are, in general, easier than the across clues, hence Mixed Abilities.

The puzzle by Radler is available by clicking here:

NTSPP - 010

Feel free to leave comments about this puzzle.

1. Prolixic
    Posted April 17, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

Many thanks to Radler for another entertaing crossword. I found this one much more approachable. I liked the mini theme and the Nina across the top row. Looking forward to the next one.

2. tilly
    Posted April 17, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Permalink

Thanks, Radler. Really enjoyed this. Am in crossword desert, no English newspapers only the syndicated daily hotel puzzle – eg Hair piece (3). Managed to borrow a laptop so I could do this puzzle and get my mind working again. Good theme and sporting name check! Could be stuck here for quite a while with all the travel problems as return booked but I doubt if it will be possible, so look forward to next Saturday’s puzzle.

3. Mark
    Posted April 17, 2010 at 8:27 pm | Permalink

Thanks for this puzzle Radler. Haven’t had a look yet – am printing it out for later!
    mark

• Mark
      Posted April 18, 2010 at 8:10 am | Permalink

Thanks again. Really enjoyed this.
      mark

4. Radler
    Posted April 18, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Permalink

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it. I think I’m getting a better idea about what makes a puzzle “approachable”, without hopefully losing originality.
    Tilly, I hope the ash cloud doesn’t cause much delay to your return. Now “Eyjafjallajoekull “, that would be a hard word to clue!

• Prolixic
      Posted April 18, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Permalink

Don’t tempt me – I have to set this week’s DIY COW :)

• mary
        Posted April 18, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

well done Prolixic, once again :)

• Prolixic
          Posted April 18, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

Thanks Mary – I think I will have another busy week keeping tabs on all of the entries.

Sadly, “Eyjafjallajoekull” does not fit in the standard 15×15 grid but I have set a suitable alternative for you to get your teeth into.

• tilly
      Posted April 18, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

Thanks Radler. Scheduled to return on 28 April, so a while to go yet. But the backlog in flights won’t help if and when things start moving again. Don’t want to be stuck on holiday for ever……!