ScrewedUp News – Jun 24

ScrewedUp News – Jun 24

Edition 20

+ – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – + – +

As usual with Home screen problems, this one only lasted for the day and the following day’s Home screen was OK.

Libellule reports that you can’t get the printable versions of the Quick or Daily Cryptic crosswords from the Home screen.

You need to go to the Play Puzzles / Crossword Puzzles page instead, where everything is fine.

If you try from the home page, you get the following messsage, with the clues but no grid:

Warning: mktime() expects parameter 6 to be long, string given in /home/sites/puzzle.worldarcstudio.com/web/site/components/printCrossword.php on line 100

telegraph.co.uk CROSSWORD NO: 0                                                                      Thu 1 Jan 70

Presumably this means something to someone!

1. Kram
    Posted June 24, 2009 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

Cryptic now printing Libellule!

• Libellule
      Posted June 24, 2009 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

I guess somebody got around to fixing it :-) A simple google of the error shows that it is a “known” issue within PHP.

• Posted June 24, 2009 at 12:57 pm | Permalink

Kram

Still doesn’t work for me – did you try from the Home page? The other pages were always OK.

• Kram
        Posted June 24, 2009 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

See comment below.

2. Lizwhiz
    Posted June 24, 2009 at 12:52 pm | Permalink

Have done the cryptic which was relatively easy but it will not let me ‘submit ‘it. Have saved it but when I reopened it everything had gone!!

• Posted June 24, 2009 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

Lizwhiz

Words like brewery and p***-up come to mind.

I completed it, got allocated a time and then went in to print out the answers only to find out that I had spent over 2 hours doing nothing.

So I filled it all in again, and when I tried to submit it I got a message “Could not submit Puzzle – An error occurred when trying to save your puzzle”